Spring break. April Fool's. Snow and 60 degree weather. It's been a great week, both on and off line. Here are few interesting reads I happened upon over the last few days.
- For all you fellow TED fans who are nowhere near to getting a seat at the main conference, here is you next best bet.
- Both sides miss the point when it comes to the strongly debated issue of standardized testing. Teach Plus founder Dr. Celine Coggins argues for a better discussion in this insightful Op-Ed.
- Shout-out to Hawaii for creating a system of teacher leaders!
- Common Core Backlash. This state legislation tracker is awesome!!! It's tricky keeping track of what's going on around the country as states resist various aspects of CCSS implementation. For someone with family and/or teaching experience in four states, this pinterest-like tracker is a great source of information. I'll be checking back regularly.
- NPR takes the prize for their well executed April Fool's prank